Our conveyancing package (selling) includes the following services:
- Preparation of the sales contract
- Liaison with utility companies, to confirm whether there are any unpaid water/electricity bills, etc
- Obtaining a certificate to confirm there are no debts to the community
- Liaise with the corresponding bank in the case there is a mortgage on the property
- Signing the title deed on behalf of the owner
- Closing bank accounts and cancelling any direct debits/standing orders
- Cancelling house insurance
- Pay taxes and fees corresponding to the vendor
- Liaison with all parties involved up until the sale of the property has been finalized at the notary.
(To carry out some of the above a power of attorney is needed)
There are expenses related to the sale of a property like capital gains tax, plusvalia tax och fee to the property agent if using one. We will go through these with you.
As a non-resident and owner of a Spanish property the purchaser is required by law to retain 3% of the purchase price. This money is paid to the tax authority, towards any Capital Gains Tax that may be due. We are able to calculate the amount due and prepare the Capital Gains Tax declaration of your behalf. Please ask for a separat quotation of our fees, in respect of this service.
All sellers should note that non payment of any outstanding debts or taxes can result in the Spanish authorities pursuing you, in your home country, in order to obatain settlement of unpaid monies.